We are dedicated to teaching, developing, and nurturing women in the truth of God’s Word.
Lost and Found Ministries is a Charleston-based non-profit 501(c)(3)organization whose mission is to equip and empower women to positively transform their lives through the power of God’s Word in small group settings, workshops, and yearly retreats.
Lost and Found was established upon this verse. It is our desire that every woman be “Found”.
Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep. (Luke 15:4-6)
What we believe
Our Statements of Faith
1. We believe that there is one true God, the creator of all things, holy and perfect, loving and gracious. God has three expressions of Himself:
- God the Father, who is invisible.
- God the Son, who is the Word made flesh.
- God the Holy Spirit, who guides and leads us into all truth.
2. We believe that the Bible is the revealed Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and written by men, pointing us to God and to the abundant life intended for us through Christ Jesus. The Bible is the foundation for transforming lives and the basis for all Lost and Found Ministries teaching.
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, without sin or the knowledge of good and evil. Through temptation by Satan, they sinned against God, their relationship with Him was broken, and sin and death were transmitted into all mankind causing every person to be afflicted by sin and its destructive effects. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled, and renewed.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, who came to this earth by virgin birth, lived a sinless life, was crucified as our substitute to pay the price for our sins, and was raised from the dead. When a person receives the gift of salvation through Jesus, that person is made new, with a recreated spirit connected to God, and has the capacity to be well and whole in body and soul – mind, will, and emotions. This wholeness comes to fruition through consistently learning and applying the Word of God.
5. We believe that every woman deserves to be encouraged and supported in the pursuit of wholeness and is therefore welcome at Lost and Found Ministries.
6. We believe that God intends for us to journey through this life together, loving and uplifting each other, as we individually pursue our God-given purpose.
Jan Shirey is the co-founder of Lost and Found Ministries. She’s had a love for the Lord since being saved when she was 10 years old. Even though she attended church as a child she was on a path that took her away from the Lord. She believes the Lord had his hand on her and brought her back to him when she was in her 30’s. After becoming involved in a women’s group and experiencing healing personally, her passion for spiritual and emotional healing began. As she continued her growth journey, she transitioned from participating in small groups to leading them and then to later overseeing several emotional healing groups. Jan has worked with small groups as well as leading many Bible Studies over the past 21 years. She states that real inner change always comes around to Romans 12:2- Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Her goal is helping women discover who they are in Christ and finding their true identity based on the truth of God’s word. Her desire is for every woman to become the person that God created them to be in spite of life’s circumstances. Based on a personal encounter with the Lord, her viewpoint is “Your Life is Your Ministry”.
She is a graduate of Limestone College with a BS in Business Administration. She was employed by the U.S. Department of the Navy for 23 years. She completed the Caring for People God’s Way curriculum and received a certificate of completion from the American Association of Christian Counselors at Liberty University. Jan lives in North Charleston with her husband Alan and their two daughters.
Alison Robinson is the co-founder of Lost and Found Ministries. She can remember back as far as 4th grade when she had to write a paper about careers that she wanted to help people. She had no idea what that would look like, but the desire was there. She grew up in church; however she truly did not come to know Jesus personally until her 20’s. After having a powerful encounter with the Lord, her hunger for serving him began, and her desire for helping others grew stronger. The Lord has been guiding her and fine tuning this passion for many years. She states, “If you allow the Lord to guide you toward your destiny, He will.” Over the last 15 years, Alison’s passion has been to help hurting women and her goal now through this ministry is to help them experience freedom in Christ and to identify and pursue God’s purpose and calling in their lives.
She is a graduate of the University of North Carolina – Charlotte with a BS in Human Services and the University of South Carolina with a Master of Education in Counselor Education. She completed the Caring for People God’s Way curriculum and received a certificate of completion from the American Association of Christian Counselors at Liberty University. Alison lives in North Charleston with her husband John and their son and daughter.
“These women embraced me without judgment, loved me, nurtured me, and have spent countless hours helping me on my journey to complete wholeness. Their laid-back, easy going approach is only overshadowed by their love, authenticity, knowledge, and wit.”
Angie, Age 44